- Jay Leno has fallen from #1 last year to #3 this year (note: the survey was conducted after his hotly anticipated primetime debut and subsequent wah-wah ratings, but before his impending and controversial return to late night).
- Conan O’Brien doesn’t make the list this year, except among Echo Boomers who rate him #1.
- David Letterman, innocent in this latest late-night TV debacle but not without his own recent tales of salaciousness, drops from #5 to #9.
And the side story is a tale of Oprah vs. Glenn – split by party, by region and by age.
- Oprah is #1 with women (single and married), Gen X-ers, Baby Boomers, Democrats, Easterners and Southerners.
- Glenn is #1 with matures (64+), Republicans, Independents, and Midwesterners.
Do you – like me – feel Jon Stewart got robbed AGAIN? Do you – like me – not know who Mark Harmon is? Do you – like me – wonder why none of our favorite TV personalities star in any of our favorite TV shows?